Thursday, December 29, 2011

Bulletin Boards and Buckets (ok it’s a crate, but it didn’t start with a B :)

First I have to say I learned about blog buttons today, brushed up on my hyperlinking, and learned a few new tricks on live writer (I’m not patting myself on the back - just in awe of how much I have to learn and how a little messing around with buttons can help you learn a lot.Smile)

Bulletin Boards -  I totally got the bulletin board idea for Thanksgiving and I’m pretty sure for Christmas too from the wonderful Cara Carroll at …

The First Grade Parade

She started my blogging venture and opened me up to a whole world of wonderful blogging ladies who I will be constantly referencing because they have made me, what I call “cutesy with a cause” Smile. They have helped me become a teacher who constantly looks for those great hooks to make my students learning more memorable.  I always had that desire just didn’t always know what to do.  Plus, as my team could probably tell you- I am an idea junkie – I’ll try to implement most anything once if I think it will benefit my students .

Sorta started rambling but what I meant to say 500 words ago is that Cara Carroll has once again inspired a bulletin board for our main hallway – I think we should do a New Years themed one like hers where they write their goal for the New Year!

Buckets – How do you make great do- it- yourself stuff for your classroom?! The answer is ask your sis and bro-in law to make it for you for Christmas!

 

storage crates

I originally saw the idea over at …

Photobucket

Printed off the tutorial and then gave it to my bro-in-law!  So, excited they did this for me!  So functional too!  I mean they are already holding my Christmas presents I’m taking home…pretty soon they will be both a storage of materials and cute seats! (my classroom theme is jungle-hence zebra ribbons to pull off the top- and I have a lot of jungle green color in my classroom if you couldn’t guess).

Now I just need to find a new chair to sit on to read books to my kiddos…cuz well I’ve sorta broken two in the last two years!  I had a short kitchen stool that was covered in leopard print that I got at a craft fair, but the top broke off last week and it was kinda getting a little wobbly.  The one before was metal and bent while I was sitting on it! (I did buy it at a garage sale for a $1).  I was tempted to buy one at Hobby Lobby tonight that was Zebra covered but it was $40 bucks! So…I’m gonna keep looking.  I need ideas on chairs that will last!

Signing off for tonight…enough rambling…Smile

No comments: