Monday, January 2, 2012

My So-Called Life

My last weekend before school starts back up and how did I spend it?  Reorganizing my flash drive!  Last spring/summer I discovered the world of teacher blogs and spent days upon days scouring them and downloading wonderful freebies and ideas.  I did put the files into folders, but the folders were vaguely labeled Math and Reading etc., so what I did was subcategorize the folders with a little more detail.  For instance Math now has a gazillion folders labeled: place value, addition, sequencing, etc.  Which is great, but, oh my gosh, that was an undertaking!  I swear it took me all weekend!  Ok, there were a few detours where I finished printing off some of the games I had previously downloaded and cut them apart.  Does that sound like someone obsessed with their job or what ?!  I spent New Years Eve and a good portion of New Years Day in my pjs with a pizza, my computer, flash drive, and a printer.  I haven’t even unpacked my suitcases from Friday!  I’ve just been on the computer.  My house may not be clean and ready for me to go back to school tomorrow, but my flash drive is! Smile

flash driveflashdrive 2

Isn’t my flash drive cute?  I have a leopard print one too (I can’t find a zebra print one)…I thought since my classroom was a jungle theme, it would help me to know which flash drives were for school if they were an animal print.  I have one for SMART notebook documents and this one is for everything else.  I don’t even save to my hard drive at school anymore because the district is always needing us to clear stuff out.

Ooooh  a sad bit of knowledge about my cluelessness – I have been living in the dark ages with not only my ex-computer (which was probably 10+ years old) but also with printers!  I had my little old printer and thought life is grand I have a color printer that works….well life can be grander people!!!  Since I got a new computer for Christmas I thought why not get a wireless printer, how cool will that be!?  Well, it gets cooler because I didn’t  even know that printers now have scanning and copying functions!!  Plus, I can print straight from my smart phone!  Oh, my gosh I have been having so much fun hitting print from my computer all over the house and copying and scanning random stuff!!  I just got the printer Friday and I think my ink is already low!  Is that bad?SmileI just love to print all of my games in color because it is just sooo much nicer!

My eyes have been opened!  What else is my techie deprived life missing? I am craving more knowledge!! 

I did get out of the house today and went up to school to clean and reorganize a little.  The room needed a good Clorox wipe, wipe down.  There’s still a little pile on my desk that I’ll work on tomorrow and then after that I ‘m going to take some pictures to post on here!

No comments: